Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that provides an extended support network to children living with serious and chronic illnesses by matching them up with a local college athletic team. We believe that our program can help a child increase their confidence, optimism and sense of belonging through these relationships. Children feel like they are members of the team, contributing in ways only they can, to provide insight and inspiration to the student-athletes that cannot be found on the field or in the classroom.
INTERNSHIPS AT TEAM IMPACT
Intern candidates should prepare for a transformative experience at Team IMPACT – one that allows candidates to participate in real work with a fun and driven staff. Interns in our competitive program will be tasked with taking a lead on projects, working with & without supervision, and assisting existing staff on a diverse range of projects. This role will challenge participants to think creatively, work with a passion, have attention to detail and diligence, and all the while contribute to our organization’s culture and mission’s growth. Working both independently and as a group, interns will be exposed to a wide variety of projects. With so many chances to contribute to our team and mission, joining us will allow participants to make a lasting contribution across our special organization.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity workplace, committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status and more allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering internship opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
Team IMPACT is looking for a driven, organized, and responsible individual with strong data entry skills to join us this Spring Semester’s Internship Program.
Length: SPRING Semester, January 2020-June 2020
Location: Team IMPACT – 500 Victory Road, 4th Floor, Quincy, MA 02171
Compensation: 15-20 hours per week / Unpaid*
*Team IMPACT will assist interns with the opportunity to achieve academic credit requirements through our internship program.
Development Operations Interns will report directly to the Development Operations Manager and play an integral role in all facets of Team IMPACT fundraising coordination and tracking systems. This position requires highly enthusiastic professionals, with track records of data systems management and compliance responsibilities. Crucial to success in this position will be the ability to work independently, while also collaboratively with the development and Team IMPACT staff. With a rapid growing revenue and record keepings, Team IMPACT is looking for interns who are proficient in record keeping and managing accurate data.
Successful Development Operations Interns will achieve the following outcomes:
- Capably manage data entry projects like our Annual Game Day Gala, and demonstrate the ability to track, regulate, and oversee portfolios and records.
- Exhibit strong research skills for prospecting, pipeline development, and strategic partnerships.
- A deeper understanding and passion for non-profit work in health care and collegiate sports industries.
- Preparation for a professional fundraising career through guidance from effective and experienced staff.
- Complete detailed data entry projects using Salesforce database to maintain donor record accuracy and events.
- Ensure integrity of data and records, and the ongoing accuracy of all donor data and giving information.
- Conduct research profiles and assist in writing of proposals for prospective and current donors.
- Organize and compile mailings such as donor acknowledgement letters, pledge reminders, tax receipts, newsletters, and year-end appeals.
- Assist in preparing, developing, and proofing proposals, reports, and donor communications.
- Provide administrative support to Development Operations Manager.
As a Development Operations Intern, you will possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
- A highly intelligent and motivated individual with a passion for our mission and vision.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a flexible and coachable attitude, while also being resourceful and proactive.
- Thrives in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Self-starter and comfortable working independently and as a part of a team.
- Disciplined organizational skills with the ability to pay attention to details.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/365, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or any other non-profit CRM systems.
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications and describing the ways our mission speaks to you, in Word or PDF format, to careers@GoTeamIMPACT.org.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.