Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that connects children facing serious or chronic illnesses with college athletic teams, forming lifelong bonds and life-changing outcomes. Through Team IMPACT, a child battling illness becomes an official (non-playing) member of a college athletic team, attending practices, games, team dinners and more. After two years with the team, the child graduates from the program with demonstrated improvements in their optimism, confidence and sense of belonging. Parents and siblings gain a community of support and a distraction from medical realities, and student athletes gain invaluable inspiration and perspective that will be carried with them long after graduation. Since our founding, we’ve matched 1,800 kids on over 650 campuses, and 50,000 student athletes have participated in the program.
In the Mid-Atlantic region, some of our athletic partners include Villanova, University of Maryland, University of Virginia, Duke, University of North Carolina, Pitt, University of Pennsylvania, Temple, Georgetown, and Princeton. We receive consistent child referrals from our medical partners at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Nuemors/Alfred I DuPont Hospital for Children, Children’s National, UVA Medical Center, and Duke Children’s.
The Match Up Specialist will report to the Regional Director of Programs and play an integral role in matching as many children as possible to college athletic teams. Key responsibilities include managing the intake of Team IMPACT participants, stewarding families and teams through the match up process, and setting appropriate expectations for the experience for both parties. Additionally, s/he will build and deepen relationships with college sports programs and our hospital partners in order to increase the number of teams signed up and the number of referrals of kids/families into our program. This role calls for a candidate who can accurately and consistently determine the eligibility and fit of each child referred, in addition to establishing and maintaining an active dialogue with both family and team, to ensure that best practices are understood and followed.
A successful Match Up Specialist will achieve the following outcomes within the first year of employment:
- Attain target number of matches are made of the highest quality
- Determine that accurate and obtainable expectations are set prior to the start of the relationship
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
- Introduce the Team IMPACT program on introductory calls with families that express interest;
- Conduct a similar introductory call with college athletic team(s) to help facilitate a match;
- Steward on-boarding and match-up processes with both family and team, ensuring that all necessary documents are signed and returned, all questions answered, team training administered, and both the family and team are fully prepared to begin their relationship;
- Collaborate with Case Managers to ensure smooth transition from the match-up process to ongoing match support;
- Represent Team IMPACT at events targeting families, athletic programs or hospital partners;
- Gather feedback from families and athletic partners to inform continuous program improvement and to maximize the efficiency of the match-up process;
- Update and maintain of our database/content management system (Salesforce).
As incoming Match Up Specialist, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Background in medical or social work environment preferred; Experience working in college athletics also desirable;
- Strong relationship building skills, and experience developing and maintaining partnerships between organizations;
- Passion for our mission and a belief in the power of sports, mentoring and relationships in helping families experiencing medical trauma and challenging diagnoses;
- Proven experience in project management;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential and include:
- Effective presentation skills;
- Active listening habits;
- Sound professional judgment;
- Ideal candidates will be flexible, coachable, resourceful and resilient and will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment;
- Comfortable in working both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Office 365 tools and software. Experience working with a CRM database (Salesforce experience preferred)
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure, commensurate with experience and skills. Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please note “Match Up Specialist- Mid Atlantic”