Team IMPACT is a rapidly growing national nonprofit that matches kids living with serious and chronic illnesses with college athletic teams, forming life-long bonds and life-changing outcomes. Through these matches, kids experience an increase in confidence, optimism and a sense of belonging. Student Athletes in our program benefit from increased civic engagement, empathy and a positive-team culture. We’ve matched 1,900 kids on over 650 campuses, and 50,000 student athletes have participated in the program. Founded in Boston in 2011, Team IMPACT has since grown to have regional offices in Philadelphia, California and Chicago (launching 2020), with plans for additional regions being added in 2021 and 2022.
In the Northeast region (encompassing New England and New York), we have over 250 matches at partner schools including Boston College, UCONN, Harvard, Yale, Syracuse, Boston University, Brown, Columbia, UMASS, Tufts, Holy Cross, Providence College and UVM.
We’re seeking a dynamic, passionate and entrepreneurial Regional Executive Director (RED) to lead our continued growth in the Northeast region. Reporting to the Director of Regional Strategy, this leader will have primary accountability for Team IMPACT’s goals related to program-impact and funding sustainability. S/he will serve as the face of our organization in the region, building and maintaining relationships with our stakeholders and partners in college athletics, the medical community and the philanthropic community. Additionally, the Regional Executive Director will manage Regional Advisory Boards based in New York and Boston while continuing to build our funding base throughout the region. S/he will build upon a strong major gift program, create corporate partnerships and lead signature events. The Regional Executive Director will grow the organization’s brand awareness and media partnerships, with the support of the National Marketing Team. S/he will oversee our Northeast team, and will be supported by a team of fundraising, program, operations and finance staff in our National Office. Lastly, s/he will benefit from the expertise of a peer community of Regional Executive Directors throughout the country with a focus on sharing best-practices and innovations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and inspiring leader to play a critical role during a time of extensive national growth as we scale up to create life-changing relationships for kids and families that need them most.
In order to grow our work and bring Team IMPACT to as many children and families facing serious and chronic diagnoses as possible, this hire will:
- Reach / exceed ambitious fundraising goals while building on Team IMPACT’s successful major gift strategy, corporate partnerships and signature events
- Manage the Northeast program team and deepen our medical and athletic partnerships; increase the number of matches made in-region while maintaining exceptional programmatic outcomes
- Lead high-performing Regional Advisory Boards based in Boston and NYC and drive the groups towards goals related to fundraising, partnerships and matches
- Represent Team IMPACT externally and cultivate a network of relationships within each of our stakeholder audiences including the private-sector, philanthropy, sports and media
- With the support of the National Marketing Team, increase Team IMPACT’s brand awareness in the Northeast region by building strong local media partnerships, working with sports information directors at partner schools and collaborating with local children’s hospitals
- Continue building donor bases in other hubs throughout the Northeast region
- Participate actively in the Team IMPACT’s learning-community of regional leadership and national staff to share best practices and innovations while adding to a strong, unified organizational culture
- In partnership with our national development team, support third-party fundraising efforts on campuses and through marathons, young professionals events, etc. Oversee our Student Athlete Fellowship program in the region
- Serve as a leader nationally and participate in the decision-making and strategic- planning that fuels our expansion
As incoming Regional Executive Director, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Passion for Team IMPACT’s mission and the families and student athletes we serve
- A successful track record in entrepreneurial or high-growth environments; motivated by the opportunity to build and grow ideas, initiatives or organizations.
- A strong track record of fundraising from a variety of sources; specific expertise in major gifts, individual giving, and/or corporate partnerships highly preferred
- Highly attuned instincts for authentic donor stewardship
- Experience and relationships in the Boston and NYC philanthropic and corporate sectors
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and the ability to serve as the face of Team IMPACT to diverse external audiences
- Driven, creative, entrepreneurial, and ambitious. A magnet for relationships and resources
- Strong staff management experience and instincts
- A belief in the power of sports teams as a vehicle for mentorship, social-emotional development, confidence, joy, camaraderie and connection
- A commitment to the power of diversity and inclusion in all its forms- race/ethnicity, ability, gender, and every form of identity
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, a generous PTO structure and professional development opportunities.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome a diverse candidate pool of applicants and we encourage our team members to bring their authentic selves to work at Team IMPACT.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, in Word or PDF format, to Careers@GoTeamIMPACT.org. Materials can be addressed to Kevin Flynn, Director of Regional Strategy.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.